These are hot takes and fun from the weekend. Send us your hot takes to ImMad@unafraidshow.com, and they may make the next week Hot Takes House. Do not read any further if you are easily offended. If you do, share with a friend.
If the NFL can figure out the field playoff in 16 games, NHL and NBA in 82, why can’t the MLB figure it out in 162? How on earth do they play 162 games in the MLB, but still need one game tie-breakers to decide who wins the division? Game 163?
There are about 62 meaningless games in baseball. Teams and players are going through the motions. If those games were more important, we wouldn’t need a 163rd before playoffs.
1. All the garbage roughing the passer penalties are actually increasing the NFL fan experience. They add one more thing for you to talk smack talk about in your fantasy leagues, with your friends, and be outraged about. We love outrage.
2. My question is why won’t they just put flags on the QBs? They would rarely hit the ground then. Guys would be able to grab the flags, and that would be a sack. Guys are losing thousands of dollars just doing their job. Something has to change.- Richard Sherman
3. The Khalil Mack trade looks worse and worse every week. Mack is the runaway NFL defensive MVP at this point. The Raiders have no pass rush, and the two first rounders they get from the Bears will be 12-16 because the bears no longer suck.
4. Josh Allen is back being to who we thought he was. Don’t be mad Bills fans; facts are facts. Swing and a miss
5. #FitzMagic is dead, and VF Castro doesn’t like it. LOL
“Bucs’ head coach Dirk Koetter says Jameis Winston will start after the bye.”
— VF Castro (@TheVFCastro) October 1, 2018
6. Drew Brees will need 201 passing yards next Monday night at home against Washington to become the NFL’s all-time passing yards leader. Why is he not in your top 10 quarterbacks of All-Time? I’ll wait…
7. Remember a long time ago last week when Tom Brady was old and the Patriots sucked? They are bullies for what they did to the Dolphins.
8. The Steelers will cave in on LeVeon Bell. James Connor is a good back, but he’s the FitzMagic of running backs. It was fun for a little while, but it’s a novelty.
9. Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper May Change the NFL by signing Eric Reid.
1. “Kelly Bryant has an opportunity to extend his football life & actually control his own future… and you think it’s selfish??? Give me a break.” – Joel Klatt
2. Holding on the running back? WTH!
I can say this without hesitation. This is the worst holding call of all time. It was called on the running back who’s getting tackled on this fake as the QB keeps the ball. pic.twitter.com/ayPwFGeHxy
— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 29, 2018
3. The original worst football call of the day was Louisville up by 3 with 1:56 left in the 4th quarter on the Florida State 21 yard line calling a pass play instead of a run. The pass was intercepted, and Louisville lost in regulation.
4. The actual worst football call of the day belongs to James Franklin and Penn State. They had two timeouts on 4th and 5 to run this play:
took 2 timeouts to come up with this on 4th and 5? wtf. I take back what I said about them out-coaching OSU. Penn State deserved this pic.twitter.com/8UlVQFbKDv
— Ian Wharton (@NFLFilmStudy) September 30, 2018
5. Jimbo Fisher needs to be suspended. If the player were to do this to Jimbo, he would be finished in college football! There is no reason any coach should be getting physical with a player to get his point across.
Jimbo is not pleased. pic.twitter.com/JMvlk9zDEb
— Belle Es You (@SouthernbeLLSU) September 29, 2018
Always share UnafraidShow.com articles. Check out the T-shirts, and other gear in the Unafraid Store:
Send us your hot takes to ImMad@unafraidshow.com, and they may make the next week post.